Senior Data Centre Consultant
PTS is looking to recruit a Senior IT Consultant with solid Data Centre Services experience gained in a mixed Corporate/ Service Provider/ Consultancy position. The Consultant will need to demonstrate experience of delivering industry best practice services and a solid understanding of the market and industry trends. The Consultant will need to demonstrate an ability to communicate in a manner and language that places the client at ease.
The Consultant should have experience and knowledge of both Data Centre environments as well as Enterprise IT infrastructure and services such as compute (O/S, Applications, infrastructure (Blades, UCS, etc.)), networking, storage (SAN, NAS, backup, archiving), data cabling, power provision, monitoring and management, process and controls.
The Consultant will support the PTS EMEA Data Centre practice with the delivery of projects and assignments together with the development and support of a growing Service Line across the EMEA region. This role may require some international travel to support Sales and the delivery of key assignment tasks.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Provide the delivery of Consultancy Assignments to PT Clients
- Delivery ownership, this can be as a delivery consultant or as a lead consultant
- Leading a team of consultants to deliver an assignment on time and to budget
- Support Sales and pre-Sales activities to identify areas where PTS can assist clients
- Identification of consultancy opportunities and development of client based service proposals
- Assist in the development of a Fee and Resource schedule within PTS guidelines
- Identify new opportunities and development of client based service proposals
- Develop and maintain Vendor and Supplier relationships.
- Develop and expand PTS' Professional Services Service lines
- The scope of services delivered:
- Data Centre Services - Strategic Services
- Data Centre Services - Assessment & Due Diligence
- Data Centre Services - Design & Planning
- Data Centre Services - Implement, Transition and Transformation Services
- Data Centre Services - Governance Services
- Data Centre Services - Operational Excellence
- The scope of services delivered:
- Demonstrate and continue to provide Data Centre and IT Subject Matter Expertise
- Promote self and PTS as industry leaders in the market-place through written articles in:
- Industry Trade Press
- Presentations at industry conferences
- Development of Seminars
- Working with Vendors and complimentary suppliers
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing and new clients
- Maintain and develop relationships with market leading suppliers and vendors
- Work with industry peer consultants within PTS to deliver client focused assignments
- Monitor marketplace news feeds for relevant information and share with peers
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of IT infrastructure technology- Compute (servers, blades, UCS, O/S, application delivery, etc), Storage (SAN, NAS, Archiving, Backup, replication etc), Networking, Data Cabling etc.
- Good understanding of industry trends i.e. Virtualisation, Big Data and Cloyd Services as well as the move in Data Centres, i.e. Modular Build Facilities, Colocation and Energy Efficiency Facilities
- A good understanding of Data Centre IT Infrastructure principles i.e. Cabinet and Cabling s=systems, Management Systems (BMS, EMS, KVM, ILO, power delivery, monitoring and management, environmentals etc.)
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of Data Centre physical builds (UPS, Generators, CRACs, Chillers, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Operational Best Practices for the delivery of Data Centre operations
- Sound Understanding of Industry Standards and Frameworks (TIA-942, Uptime Institute, ITIL, ISO-27001, ISO14001 etc.)
The Senior Consultant will need to demonstrate an ability to hold a working conversation with different levels of the client business in a language that they are comfortable with. The Senior Consultant will need to demonstrate that can to identify areas that may be causing the client issues and present a workable solution to resolving the issue.
- Experience of working in and delivering an IT/Data Centre Operations Service for a Corporate or Service Provider organisation, and/or, the delivery of a similar role as a Senior/ Principle Consultant.
- Able to convey a sound understanding of the different levels of services delivered within the 'cloud' marketplace
- Industry based training in a Service Management framework (ITIL/CobiT)
- Data Centre Design and Management certifications or qualifications (CDCDP etc.)
- Sound management experience of managing teams in the delivery of IT Services
- Ability to communicate the lifecycle of an IT Service
- Demonstrate how the consultant may manage complex projects (may have a Project Management qualification i.e. Prince 2/PMP)
- Able to confidently present prospective solutions to clients
- Able to present effectively, convey the message and capture and maintain the audiences' attention
The consultant must be willing to learn and expand their industry and technical knowledge and views and demonstrate an ability to think outside the box.
This is an exciting role at the forefront of developing client services within a growing industry as a whole.
If your abilities and skills match what PTS is currently seeking, please do not hesitate to get in contact with your CV.