Almost 100 years after 184 Shepherds Bush Road opened as a Ford Garage, the Grade II listed building is now home to Data and Technology Research Company Dunnhumby. The company sought to transform the former garage into a modern, innovative workplace that would inspire collaboration and communication and enable agile working.
Agile working, however, is reliant on a strong network and resilient IT infrastructure. Dunnhumby, therefore, enlisted PTS to provide assistance with the design of the Structured Cabling System to support current and future IT requirements. The Cisco Local Area Network (LAN) and Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) provide coverage throughout the building, enabling all 940 Dunnhumby employees relocating to the building to simultaneously connect to the robust, reliable network wherever they are in the building.
To facilitate communication and collaboration, PTS also assisted with the AV design in meeting rooms and the open plan office, implementing digital signage solutions and meeting room facilities to enable global communications with ease.
Despite seeking an open, collaborative work environment, the Client was also cautious of security. PTS designed and implemented the security system which provides a smart, yet secure way of accessing the building. One smart card provides users with easy to use access system which the Client can easily configure to set permissions. Extensive CCTV and monitoring, sensitively embedded within the Grade II listed building also helps Dunnhumby keep its new headquarters secure.
Appointing one single team to manage the IT, AV and Physical Security aspects of the programme provided the Client with an efficient, well-coordinated and efficient approach to the project, allowing the team to deliver the project on time and to budget.
• Pervasive Wi-Fi and infrastructure allow users to work seamlessly across the building and across spaces designed to suit different working styles and inspire collaboration
• The Structured Cabling System consists of approximately 3,000 Category 6A data outlets, Category 6A voice backbones and diversely routed OM3 fibre optic cable backbones
• PTS patched each work area outlet into a network switch enablign Dunnhumby to operate a ‘dark’ technology room environment where the Client can perform moves, additions and changes without the need to re-patch.
• Security solutions do not disturb the integrity of the Grade II listed building’s architecture, yet provide the Client with clear and robust security solutions to keep the environment safe
• Meeting rooms designed with Cisco Telepresence and Web-ex provide Dunnhumby with easy to use communication tools and intuitive user interfaces to improve the user experience.